View Single Post
Old March 16, 2016   #43
FourOaks
Tomatovillian™

Pure Harvest - I just realized I didnt answer the second part of your question. You asked about spacing them out to grow in the tunnel? My High Tunnel/Green House/Hoop House or whatever you want to call it is 12x24. I suppose if you maybe cut it down to maybe 4 rows of 12, and grew them single stem up a string, it might work. But I think it would be an unmitigated disaster. Eventually im going to build another tunnel. Maybe 16 by 40.. something like that. I have about 4.5 acres of land, so finding a handy space is really no problem. I would keep my current tunnel as well. Its a gothic style, which I like much better then the same sized hoop. Few years back I had a 12x24 Quonset style hoop... virtually useless, unless everything is growing in the middle. Or maybe overwintering perennials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureHarvest View Post
Gotcha
What fert do you use for kratky?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Doss View Post
I would like to know as well
I ordered my fertilizer from Amazon. Urban Hydro was the seller. I know your going to ask what ratios, so ill edit that in, in a few minutes. MHPGardener on youtube is who I learned about Kratky from, so I need to find the video. Ill put that in, in just a minute.

Edit to add - for 5 gallons of fertilizer, 12 grams of calcium nitrate, 12 grams of tomato fertilizer, and 6 grams of Epsom salts. Stir it up, and let the plants enjoy. I used the same fertilizer for tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, and lettuce. It may have not been optimal, but it worked just dandy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160316_074732.jpg (422.6 KB, 59 views)

Last edited by FourOaks; March 16, 2016 at 08:12 AM.
FourOaks is offline   Reply With Quote