View Single Post
Old March 15, 2016   #35
FourOaks
Tomatovillian™

Ricky Shaw - To make the mix I make, requires a trip to Lowes to get a bale of Peat Moss and a bag of Lime Stone. Keep in mind the Lime will last a very long time. The big bag of Perlite comes from my local Hydroponic store.

Grant it, as Pure Harvest pointed out, its missing a fungicide and mycorrhizae. Any decent Hydro store could probably help you out with those. Being that you live in Co., im 1000% confident that you have a friendly Hydro store nearby, being Colorado's willingness to legalize certain plants..

You mentioned pine bark fines, so i assume your interested in something along the lines of of the infamous 5-1-1 mix? I was, once again, at Lowes yesterday and my store did have some "soil conditioner" that was about the right size. I have been considering that mix for herb transplants. The only change that I would make, being in the south, would be to make it more like 5-2-1 or 5-3-1 for slightly better water retention.

I have made a 5-1-1 mix in the past with not so good results. But I wouldn't mind giving it a second shot.
FourOaks is offline   Reply With Quote