View Single Post
Old March 11, 2016   #7
FourOaks
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureHarvest View Post
I pruned the plants to a single stem, removing all suckers. 2 plants done this way seemed fine. I trained them up a string with trellis clips...
Ok then. Single stem would certainly work I would think. Always wanted to try something like that, just seems to elude me when it comes time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father'sDaughter View Post
Home Depot has the Viagrow 7 gallon bags for $16.98 and either free shipping to the store or free shipping to your address with a $45 minimum order.
Thanks for mentioning that. I completely forgot about HD having them. I almost purchased from HD when I found them on Amazon cheaper. Obviously that is now a moot point, being that my seller no longer has them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
Has anyone tried doubled up heavy duty trash bags with a drain hole.
I grew a New Big Dwarf to a very good size for plant out in a 1 quart ziplock bag.

The plants look nice by the way.
Worth

If heavy duty trash bags came in white, I would give it a try. I think black grow bags would only truly work for those folks up north, with their cooler summers.

Thanks for the compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureHarvest View Post
Thanks for the heads up on the bags guys.
I searched the whites in the past, but a lot of the comments said the product came black or that sometimes there were no holes, wrong size etc., so I passed.

I will check out the HD ones.

Edit: Just ordered 50 to come in at my local HD.

Thanks for the heads up Farmer'sDaughter!
Glad you found some to order. Also, I think the quality of the bags have come a long ways. I would have no hesitation vouching for both Viagrow and Sunleaves brand bags. Both are just good quality.

I plan to reuse last years 5 gallon bags for my peppers. They have held up just fine.
FourOaks is offline   Reply With Quote