View Single Post
Old March 11, 2016   #3
FourOaks
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the compliments Pure Harvest.

I mostly grow in bags due to poor soil. I have about 4.5 Acres of land, and it drains like a stopped up sink. Im in the Piedmont region of NC and we have a really high water table. So the best thing for me is raised beds, which I do have and/or Grow Bags. I have tried both poly and the cloth bags that "air prune". Didn't have a lot of luck with the cloth bags.

So, to answer your question, I got these particular 7 gallon bags from Amazon. Im not sure if its kosher to put a direct link, so just search:

ViagrowTM 7 gallon Grow Bag, 25 pack

I just looked and the seller on Amazon (Atlantis Hydroponics) who I bought mine from, no longer has them. I paid $11 for each pack. The current cheapest price appears to be $20. Thats a real shame. I wish I had bought more now. I bought 5 packs.

The Viagrow brand seems to be a good quality bag. They are thick. Last year I used Sunleaves brand 5 gallon bags and they are high quality as well. The Sunleaves brand I bought from my local Hydroponics store. Im all about supporting local business, but price wise it didn't make sense. I was able to get the 7 gallon for a good bit cheaper then the 5 gallon.

You mentioned that your putting 2 plants per bag? Last year I did 2 pepper plants per bag and that worked quite well, they were very happy. 1 Tomato per 5 gallon bags was "ok". Im not sure that 2 Toms. per 7 gallon would work. But give it a shot.

What varieties are you going to try?
FourOaks is offline   Reply With Quote