View Single Post
Old February 29, 2016   #70
TheUrbanFarmer
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureHarvest View Post
Ok.
But go back and read your comments on this and other threads.
You, in my opinion, used tones that came across accusatory towards people not going 100% organic.
We will leave it at that.

I like organics, but I think that there is absolutely a place for melding other practices, and I don't think that it is an indication of stupidity or failure.

Soil is filled with ELEMENTS. Those elements can come from different sources.
When those elements are properly balanced, the plant will thrive and produce good stuff.
It is a simple as that in my opinion. So, I would have to disagree on the taste factor based on this alone.

I truly believe you get rave reviews on your stuff.
But I will also tell you the tomatoes I grew last year from 100% "non-organic" fertilizer got rave reviews from a multitude of samplers, including my dad who has grown, eaten, and sold tomatoes for over 50 years.

I'm gonna check out here, because we will obviously not change eachothers minds, and I'm really not trying to troll you here and I've already littered all over your thread as it is.
Obviously I am ruffled by some of your comments and opinions, so I will say go get em' this year and kick some arse at your market!
You are always welcome and your input is appreciated. There is nothing you have said that is off putting in any way. I appreciate your questions as they present an opportunity for me to address methodology and why I employ such practices.

While you are correct, you will not change my opinion, that does not in any way devalue or negate your own. I'm a firm believer that if when someone is questioned they have no logical response, then they are likely full of it.

Perceptions of failure or success is very much dependent on what your individual goals are. The statements in other threads were always made with the precursor "if" to clearly imply that others goals may not reflect my own.

If it is not your prerogative to have a certified organic product then such "if" statements obviously are not applicable to you. I mean no disrespect.

My personal experience has shown me that organically produced goods are favored by local chefs for the depth of flavor nuances they impart to a dish. I have to garden in accordance with what is going to give me the highest possible market potential. As such, I get a better ROI with organic crops. That being my personal scenario, I have never looked back and decided to master the art form, in spite of the learning curve.

Last edited by TheUrbanFarmer; February 29, 2016 at 09:28 PM.
TheUrbanFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote