View Single Post
Old February 23, 2016   #53
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecker88 View Post
Hillarious

I work with Fed. compliance regulations on a daily basis, so following rules is nothing new to me either. I just don't want to get a nasty gram in the mail from the city instructing me to tear it down after spending thousands.

I tapped into the 1" sprinkler line that feeds a valve box and buried about 50' of PVC to where the greenhouse will be. The sprinkler contractor has obiv. already taken care of the back flow prevention. No injection here; I'm keeping things simple to start.

I also plan on stringing out an extension cord and gas line in the winter for heat. Don't want to rent a trencher and deal with electric/gas contractors, permits, ect........Yet.
I asked the lady at town hall about green houses some time ago I just have to get a permit and there are requirements for square feet and so on.
Ted the Inspector and approver is no idiot.
I called so he could come out and inspect twice.
Once for ditches and once for the final.
He asked why I put the Back flow prevention by the house.
I told him theft and I didn't want to run 120 all the way to the street for freeze protection.

Here is my reduced pressure assembly everything up to code.
It not only leaks water below 34 degrees but has heat trace on it that goes on at just above freezing and is insulated.
If the water pressure on the supply side gets below the pressure on the right side it dumps out the bottom.
So not only 2 check valves but the extra protection.
Noting from my yard can get into the city water supply.

2013-01-29_15-07-02_191rs.jpg
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote