Thread: venison burger
View Single Post
Old December 24, 2015   #48
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

Barb, I am amazed at the difference from one state to the next for vendor food laws. I think we need to have logical and reasonable laws to keep people safe... but they just make no sense what they are from state to state. OR the licence is so prohibitive to attend a small market that vendors are unable to support the small markets . Eggs are a great example here. You have to ASK for a donation or have a compressor cooler and a license that is about 200.00 to sell for the markets and be checked by the health dept at the site. fresh/cooked food vendors are like that also, but the license is only good for a 1 or 2 week duration. I went to Connecticut last year and they had fresh fish on ice, milk in crates out of a cooler, salads in a jar, all kinds of great things that people would want at a market. They had a very small town that this was being held at and there were about 60 vendors there on a REGULAR basis. obviously they aren't nearly as restricted with regulation as some of us are and I think ours isn't bad for some things, but it could be better. We can't sell pumpkin rolls..." the cream cheese might present a health hazard." good grief... who keeps their pumpkin rolls cold until they are served and immediately afterwards? I have NEVER gotten sick on "warm" cream cheese in my sugar laden pumpkin roll. I can't take the eggs I gathered this morning to my market to sell. they aren't refrigerated. we never refrigerated the eggs growing up. NEVER.

Eat a tamale for me and everyone else who can't enjoy them. It sounds fabulous.

We just need logics.