View Single Post
Old November 28, 2015   #91
joseph
Tomatovillian™

I have seeds ready to share from DXX-M tomato clade. To obtain seeds, send a SASE to my PO box. Grow reports would be nice if you have a chance to write one later on.

DXX-M is a family of short-season determinate tomatoes that are descended from a cross between DX52-12 and Jagodka. DX52-12 is an old heirloom variety that was developed to supply the Campbell's soup company in the cold mountain valleys of northern Utah. It is descended from Moscow tomatoes (a misnomer from a Japanese farmer's name) which were the most widely planted tomatoes in the area before being replaced by DX52-12. Jagodka is a super-early highly-productive red saladette tomato from Russia. It took the grand prize in a cold tolerance trial conducted in northern Utah. The union between these two great varieties resulted in offspring that are earlier than DX52-12 and that have larger fruits than Jagodka. Taste is delicious. (Yes, I actually tasted every fruit before saving seeds from them.) Seed Saving: To maintain the genetic diversity of the variety it is recommended to save seeds from many different plants. The seed currently being offered is F3, so some variation is expected in days to maturity and fruit size. Selected for the ability to hold fruits off the ground without staking. Bred by Joseph Lofthouse

These seeds are pledged to the Open Source Seed Initiative. Only request them if you agree to the pledge. The OSSI Pledge: You have the freedom to use these OSSI-Pledged seeds in any way you choose. In return, you pledge not to restrict others’ use of these seeds or their derivatives by patents or other means, and to include this pledge with any transfer of these seeds or their derivatives.

Last edited by joseph; November 28, 2015 at 07:32 PM. Reason: add photo
joseph is offline   Reply With Quote