View Single Post
Old November 26, 2015   #72
Gardeneer
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
I'm a market vendor, so yes, I do. But my experimenting with new varieties every year inevitably costs me money, as many of them will be a waste of space. I'm finally getting to the point of having heirloom varieties that produce well enough to plant for market. I'd make the most money if I quit trying new tomatoes and just grow the few kinds that do the best. But I will still end up planting 100+ new varieties every spring, just so I can see what they do. Knowing exactly what will happen is boring to me. I want a tomato adventure.
Cole, you seem to be the guy that I should be following.

I am not a market grower but then I hate to waste time and space trying to find a few winners. That happens to be like 1 out of 3 or 4 that I try. This year I am trying about 11 new ones. So by statistics I should end up with 3 o4 winners..This is even though that I do exhaustive search, reading so many reviews and comments. I stay away from the varieties with little peers review, no matter how the seed sellers describe them. And my number one criterion is decent production.

Gadeneer

Last edited by Gardeneer; November 26, 2015 at 04:02 AM.
Gardeneer is offline   Reply With Quote