View Single Post
Old October 29, 2015   #28
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkeiper View Post
You are right Worth, I do find though that making something that requires patience it takes some tools to make it easier and a whisk for me is one of them. a fork just doesn't cut it for me. If I have to set it on the side of the pan I find myself fishing it out of the pan... grrr! which doesn't happen with a whisk especially as handles on tools are longer than handles on eating utensils.. Nor do I generally use a fork in my pans and I think that is just habit to be consistent in how we use what we have. I have on occasion even made gravy with my stick blender if I already had it out for something else or I had lumps and I was making it smooth because I was in a hurry and didn't make sure I had finished getting the lumps out or I wasn't stirring enough and it got lumpy.

Good luck on how ever you make your gravy, Deborah. I hope your next batch is a success or at least an improvement on the last try.

and don't forget to keep the toad for good luck right in your pocket. It works better there than hopping all over the counter.
Carolyn I am going to start a Let's Make Gravy thread.
With step by step pictures and instructions.
I know there are a lot of people that can make gravy and cook but there are that many if not more that cant.
I just want people that dont know how but want to learn how, know how.
If that makes since.

All I can say without sounding like bragging is every time I am around a large group of people at some other house I get asked to make the gravy and help cook.
I never butt in volunteer or try to take over.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote