View Single Post
Old October 8, 2015   #58
Karrr_Luda
Tomatovillian™

The post came too late for me, I used paper clips on the categoty seeds, I really hope they didn't cause any damage to baggies. Next year, if here is a swap again......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormato View Post
A few rules for a smooth running swap...

Make sure your label on your package is secure. Last year, in early November with temps about freezing, I had one package arrive with the label nearly pealed off.

Make sure the package is taped well, if recycling a bubble mailer. Narrow transparent tape is junk. Packaging tape (~2" wide) works. I only use heavy duty clear tape.

No staples, paper clips, etc... inside. While they hold 10 packs together neatly, they can tear open other packs. Rubber bands are OK.

NO TAPING PACKS TOGETHER (or taping things to the inner walls of the bubble mailer...yes this stuff happens). It's a lot of work for you, and a lot of work for me to then un-tape things.

A wish list and send-in list both IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER, with a legible return address, any other contact info (your Tomatoville user name, or email address), and return postage (cash/stamps).

Those also participating in the bean swap (no rules yet) will receive one package likely in early January. It'll likely be with the small flat rate boxes like last year. There will be a limited amount of beans for those only in the tomato/pepper swap.

More later...