View Single Post
Old September 27, 2015   #41
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
Now that you mention it, I know a certain person who has taken on officer positions at multiple markets...which seems like an obvious conflict of interest to me, because I see the markets as competing against each other. Coke and Pepsi don't share corporate officers.

This person is a very strict enforcer of the producer-only rule, and frequently offends vendors with accusations that they are lying about being a farmer. The really funny part is...the one who frequently calls people a liar for saying they are a farmer has pale, pasty-white shin, and obviously never goes out in the sun. As it turns out, migrant labor does 100% of this vendor's field work.

And that begs the question, if I pay someone to do something for me, did I still do it myself? How is paying someone to pick beans any different than paying for beans?
I remember the last person that called me a liar to my face.
I also remember the look on his face when I told him what I would do to him afterwards.

I didn't yell at him or anything.

I simply told the 68 year old man that I dont know how people are where you come from but where I come from you better be able to back it up or get a mud hole stomped in your you know what.
Which will it be, I'm serious.
He apologized and that was the end.

It doesn't sound like me and old pasty face would get along very well.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote