b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachedwalrus View Post
So my spray rotation for the week is

1. Eco-oil (Horticultural oil made from canola oil) + neem
2. Neem oil with tea tree oil + horticultural soap
3. DE + horticultural soap.

Hardly a mite in sight but alot of damage has been done already. I also found the bushes i didn't use DE on don't have the lower leaves drying up as much. I really think the combination of oil/soap and neem have made the difference over a week and a half. Though i am worried that the neem might affect the flavour of the tomatoes, lets hope not.
Be careful applying neem in the heat too often as it can cause some serious leaf damage in my experience.

We had a bit of rain two weeks ago and I was unable to get out and reapply the DE until a few days ago and the mites were making a real comeback. I mixed my DE and Dawn dish washing liquid in a separate container and filtered it into my sprayer then added a good dose of Permethrin and did a thorough spray. It worked much faster on the mites than previous applications and I think it must be the Permethrin wiping out the adults and killing them before they could lay more eggs and the DE must have worked on the new ones emerging because my plants look great now.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote