Thread: Juices
View Single Post
Old September 7, 2015   #170
Hellmanns
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContainerTed View Post
I just went thru this thread re-reading. As I was doing so, an idea began forming and I thought I'd put it here to get Durgan's comments and possibly other folks experience/judgement.

Durgan is proof that almost anything can be juiced and preserved. Most of our kids today need to get the nutrition from more kinds of veggies. I think we can all agree that most kids need more of the good stuff. So, here's my idea and please comment on it.

What if we took some of these great flavor combinations and added them to things that kids eat - like rice and mashed potatoes. With some minor flavor tweaks according to the taste preferences in each household, we might get more brocolli and greens in those growing bodies.

Durgan has so many recipes that surely each family can find at least one or two to start with. With some kind of "mask" on what the kids are eating, they might buy in.

What do you folks think??? Anybody already try this approach??
I find it sad that parents would have to hide or sneak nutritious foods in to what their kids eat. My 4 children were raised take it or leave it. Three are adults now, and they know, appreciate, and crave real food!

I have a friend who attained 3 of his grandchildren a few years ago. Those kids were picky about what they would eat. They never wanted to eat what was put on the table. One went to the extreme of throwing fits, and starving herself until her demands were met. My friend never gave in, and just a few days later ALL sat at the table and enjoyed what was placed before them!
Hellmanns is offline   Reply With Quote