View Single Post
Old August 29, 2015   #68
beachedwalrus
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardo View Post
I hope your super mites stay down under. Sorry you have to deal with such tough critters.

Have you tried rotating things a bit?

Say applying DE + soap, then after a few days a synthetic pesticide, then some Neem, then another synthetic pesticide. Sort of a combined shotgun approach to disrupt their life-cycle with all modes of action at your disposal.

And I would second the suggestion to pay close attention to all non-plant hiding spots.

Best of luck eradicating them.
I'll give it a go. Trying neem and soap every 4 days on some of the bushes. I am testing what works. The issue is i have so many bushes and spraying takes up time. The younger bushes are starting to get attacked and i have took all precautions to stop the mites from getting on them. I sprayed soap + DE over a week ago and they are still highly active on every bush. The thing is didn't have tomato plants for a period of time, the next ones i planted (From seed) got russet mites so either there is something in the garden harbouring them or someone in the area has them and they are being brought in by insects or animals.

Also what soap does everyone use? Dish soap? I am using horticultural soap but its not cheap.
beachedwalrus is offline   Reply With Quote