View Single Post
Old March 16, 2007   #3
DavidinCT
Tomatovillian™

Haven't decided but I'll post when I do, Granny.

The T&M order arrived Thursday--11 days after ordering. As I mentioned, on Monday the company told me the Balconi tomato seeds were not shipped. They forgot to mention spilanthes oleracea seeds were not in the shipment either. On the invoice the Balconi is on back order. Not sure now if that those seeds were canceled as we agreed on Monday or not.

Thompson & Morgan did include two free seed packs: Fatima Lettuce and SC4-15 F1 Hybrid pumpkins. The latter is rather odd. The package says the fruits are "tennis ball sized ". The company website says they are "football sized" and also "cricket ball sized". T&M also states the cultivar is "Undergoing tests for National Listing. Available for test purposes. Please report back to us on performance." They are pitched as "a unique development in food versatility . .(a) microwavable mini pumpkin." With spacing of 3 feet and each plant producing only " 6 - 7 10oz" pumpkins I think I'll pass on this one.

Along with the order came a few rather tacky adds for other companies.

Does seem Thompson and Morgan is having some difficulties. Hope they get them straightened out because, as you say, they have had some excellent products.
DavidinCT is offline   Reply With Quote