View Single Post
Old August 12, 2015   #539
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Guidelines can be a bit confusing for first timers. I'll be going through old posts, and likely making a few minor changes from past years. This will be posted in the new thread, which should be started in early September.

In general, there are two major parts to the swap.

The first is wish lists. Participants will be either posting their wish lists, or PMing, or emailing me their tomato (and limited pepper) wish lists. For now, it will be ~15 tomato and ~3 to 5 pepper varieties. I'll be compiling all wish lists (in alphabetical order) and posting updates. If a participant sees that they have that variety, they send in one pack (~5-10 seeds in a pack) of that variety. Some varieties have multiple requests, so there will be a number after the listed variety to show how many have requested it. An example...

KBX (7)

This means 7 people have requested it, so hopefully 7 packs come in.

The second part of the swap is the mystery categories. For this, 10 packs (5-10 seeds each pack) are "required". I say required because sometimes if someone doesn't have the 50-100 seeds for a category, someone else steps in and sponsors them. My guess, at this point, is that I'll be sponsoring "Heart" and "Very Early" categories. The 10 packs of a variety must match the category you'd like to join, although some varieties can be entered in multiple categories. An example...the above KBX can be entered in the "Beefsteak" category, or the "Yellow/Gold/Orange/White/Bi-Color" category. Whichever category is chosen, you get back ~10 different varieties that match that category. You won't know what they are until you receive then, thus the mystery. You may join as many categories as you like. But joining the same category many times can make it difficult. If one joined the "Cherry" category 8 times (sending in 10 packs each of 8 different cherry varieties) it may be difficult to send back 80 different cherry varieties.

There's no rush for me to get seeds. So, I'll be taking the next couple of weeks to work on posting what will be in the new thread.
Tormato is offline   Reply With Quote