View Single Post
Old August 9, 2015   #848
TexasTycoon
Tomatovillian™

I didn't want to make a whole thread about this so I figured I'd post it here. That right there is my rear bumper after I was rear-ended Friday afternoon. I was driving home after picking up pizza and traffic was bad (Round Rock is getting awful especially with the construction). My lane came to a full stop, but the driver behind me wasn't paying attention and smashed into me. I put on my hazards and motioned to them to pull over as we were on the highway. They got over and decided to take off, almost hitting another car in the process. I took off after them (and got an earful about how reckless it was to do that from my husband later). We exited, then got to an intersection where they decided last minute to hit the u turn lane and head north on the access road. Weaving in and out of traffic the whole time. At some point I got my shaking hands to dial 911 and relayed everything to the dispatcher including the license plate number. We reached another intersection and they cut across lanes to turn right. Another intersection and left. Next intersection the dispatcher told me to stop chasing them for my own safety and the driver tore through a 7-11 parking lot to turn right. I pulled into the 7-11 and parked while the dispatcher told me an officer was on the way. A man came and knocked on my window and told me he had seen everything and was on the phone with 911 too. The officer showed up and we provided statements. The witness left after giving me his card and the officer told me what would happen next. I asked if 8 would be contacted if they caught the driver and the officer laughed and said, "if? This is Round Rock, we'll get him. You don't mess up in WilCo". He also went into the 7-11 to pull surveillance footage to see the driver better. I'm fine, no injuries, and as you can see my bumper did it's job. Just a crazy incident and I'm so glad the witness stuck around. He said he was worried things would escalate which I of course wasn't even thinking about. The other driver had no insurance, but the officer said he was likely running for another reason judging on how crazy he was driving. I hope they get him.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
TexasTycoon is offline   Reply With Quote