View Single Post
Old June 29, 2015   #1
My Foot Smells
Tomatovillian™

Default First Post: Hello!

Have been reading some of the great articles here for quite some time and finally decided to join. I have been growing tomatoes for a long time, but recently have been getting more involved in building a large garden. Primarily grow brandy boy, Cherokee purple, and a few other odds to total about 30 plants not counting a couple of cherries.

Had a touch of early blight with 30+ inches of rain this spring making a mess of things, but only two plants affected and things are starting to shape up with color turning and picking the lower limb last/this week. The heat has been a ★★★★★★★ following heavy rain, and got some leaf roll going as well.

Areas I need improve are building soil in raised beds. I live on a ball of clay and decided not to dig in. Elevated beds are easier too on my aching back (22" high).

Got a beehive, but still a novice there too. Lots of other stuff going on too, but will stick to maters here.

Said I needed to make a post to view pictures, always interesting in learning new things and sharing what little a do know.
My Foot Smells is offline   Reply With Quote