View Single Post
Old June 17, 2015   #23
HydroExplorer
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVanVader View Post
Made me chuckle, When we bought our house I told my wife I was going to need to cut down and remove the stumps of several trees to make room for my garden and allow adequate light. She agreed but warned me not to touch the Pink Dogwood tree, which happened to be dead center of the back yard where I planned to put the garden....it had to go. I took it down while she was out of town. When she finally noticed it was gone I told her that I had forgotten and it had to go in order to put my garden beds in. Now we have a pink dogwood in the front yard AND 2 Jap maples (that was her price). Compromise is good but sometimes you have to force it and I take no prisoners when it comes to my garden

Moral of the story? Sometimes it is better to ask forgiveness than permission.
Oh wow... I'm probably losing my man card for this but I'm definitely not going to do that. This is at least a 40 yr old tree. I mean it literally shades our entire back yard. She has told me at least 100 times that the tree stays. She also said this year that we need to trim it, so... As long as I get a professional arborist to do what he thinks is right I should get some sun back there. If he screws the tree up it's not on me.

That said, I ordered some sungold and black cherry seeds so I can get some nice starts going as next season approaches. I might grow a couple indoors over the winter to get an idea of how to support them.

I am going to use this restriction as fuel to justify upgrading my grow room substantially.
HydroExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote