View Single Post
Old February 24, 2006   #3
Gimme3
Tomatovillian™

One Tip, an a whole lotta WANT TO , myself, jus like You, Cindy...what do they call that Chinese meaning...lol. i ain't sure if Yin is positive, or if it might be Yang...but anyway, i'm jus like you, i feel like i been gardenin long enough to have done Better on sweet bells, than my track record exhibits. I'm gettin serious about em...lol. Im tryin to send ya some Yin, or Yang, ,...here...

The first fruit a bell pepper will set, occurs in the crotch of it's first major fork. This fruit, quite often, becomes deformed, by the pressure of the 2 stems emanating at the fork. Pick this fruit early...for 2 reasons. A:...it's the first fruit, always...kill it, an that tells the plant it aint nowhere near fulfillin it's destiny (encourages greater bloom). B:...you get the opportunity to go ahead and enjoy a good fresh bell, rather than sittin back on ya haunches an tryin to let the plant give it's best, from day 1 of yield. I jus learned, this winter, thru research, that sweet bells consistently throw that first fruit, right into the crotch of their first fork.

I presume you already know about such things as epsom salts, dry feet,,,so...i got no better advice. Like i said, i'm jus like you, Craig, Andrey, an others...i'm workin Hard...lol...towards doin a better job of these wonderful plants, myself, an i sho do appreciate any new tips anybody else has to throw in, here...)))

Best Wishes...