View Single Post
Old June 11, 2015   #9
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

I donated the Money always and last year seeds in your Honor. I will stop if you want me too because it was not easy for you-all to understand me and help me learn Complicated research over a decade.

%%%%%

No, I don't mind if you do that but usually when someone donates money in honor of someone it's b'c they have passed on to the Gods and Godesses of tomatoes in that big sky above, and fact is that I'm very much alive at age 75.

I've been reading a book called Freeing Charles and chose that one b'c Charles finally escaped from the south and made his way to Troy, NY, traveling on the underground railroad that so many did from the south. Troy is right near me and many of the places and roads mentioned I know very well/

And the subject of Contraband Slaves was brought up, but no detailed information about food crops they grew either in the south or in the north where Charles finally settled.

The book that was the basis of the movie 12 Years a Slave was written by Solomon Northrup and he and his family lived very close to where I now live so from his book I also knew of the various towns and villages mentioned in the book that are still here today.

Carolyn