View Single Post
Old June 10, 2015   #12
AZGardener
Tomatovillian™

Computer wouldn't let me go scroll up to see other posts to respond so here goes my second response:
LDX4: Yeah I totally understand what your saying. I think the regular chef just wants tomatoes regardless of time of year but when you start working with those who brag about using only local and in season produce, it changes the tune of things. I definitely get what your saying though and its hard to say sorry its 110 out now and my tomato plants all bit the dust- see ya next March!! Lol!! Growing tomatoes it totally a passionate hobby of mine and there isn't anything I'm more crazy about then, well my husband and my kids!

ColeRobbie- That's exactly it!! It makes a difference when you drape that beauty with sliced thick rainbow heirlooms Local, organic, with love- boom a 20 pizza!

Worth- That's exactly what I was thinking so working with that seasonal menu is key. Salad with yellow pears and red onions this week and salads with black cherrys, yellow sweet onions, etc next week. Boom!

PMCGrady- Well I'd have to argue with my maters on this one. I had such a great year this season....