View Single Post
Old June 10, 2015   #7
BlackBear
Tomatovillian™

Default bloody butcher Multi shaped ..

I don't know if it is just my source of Bloody butcher 's or

that I just never noticed the leaf variations in the plant ....cause I was all about the Tomato......

My Single Plants ( different locations) now have full green fruit (Larger than "saladette' I would say ...which makes me suspicious)....The growing end of the plant vines have serrated sharp leaf shapes ...one would most certainly be forgiven for saying "Regular " shape looking . One can see that as the leaves mature the serrations and divisions smooth out and fill in .....but not totally ........Some real old / big ones look smoother ....But most are not the classical potato leaf with smooth symmetrical outline..........( Big old ones are Wobbly outline Potato leaf )

What is crazy is one branch of the same plant does have from the beginning small leaves that are symmetrical smooth classic potato leaf shape .

I really had to inspect closer to verify it all was the same plant and same main stem....all these leaf shapes are in fact on one plant .

really I don't care if it is mutated or Chimera or whatever .....

all I care is if it does produce edible fruit early and abundantly .

It just seems in this case to be a trickier leaf classification...

One might not just say "Potato leaf " if looked at

quickly in passing due to the variation of leaf shapes on one plant.

My Matina /Galinas/Shelicauski/Mrs. Maxwell/Stupice/Kimberly/ Visitation Valley etc. and other PL's do not do that here.