View Single Post
Old June 4, 2015   #13
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Worth1 .. Game on my friend.
I am headed home and will experiment and see what we can come up with.
No worries about spoiling bacon wont spoil for days even weeks.
I should have some peppers ready when I get there.
I'm licking my chops already.
Worth
Glad to know your getting to go home for a bit. Hope you have a safe trip. I bet you'll be glad to relax at home.

If there is a way to do it. You'll figure it out. You ought to be on Master Chef. I think you would win.

I have seeds of the Hot Banana if you want some, or holler at me in spring and I'll grow you some seedlings if they don't offer around your area and you want some.

Quote:
Shellybean..I see the hot version of banana peppers a lot but I seldom see the sweet sold fresh here. And the hot ones are usually pretty wrinkled and flabby, like they've been sitting there for a while. They might sell better pickled in a jar than fresh??
Usually it is the men here that buy the hot seedlings to try and grow. I don't think I have even seen the hot fruits for sale either come to think of it.

[quote] flgatorguy87 .. I just put them on the top rack of my Weber Genesis and cook them while I'm grilling whatever protein I'm cooking for the entrée.

Thanks! Definitely going to give this recipe a try. It might also be something to sell during late fall and winter at market. I would have to talk to mgt. We have a snack shop and they will allow some folks to sell differnt things as long as it doesn't take away from their main menu and income since they have to pay so much for rent on the little building.

We have folks selling boiled peanuts, hot corn on the cob, snow cones, jerky and other stuff like that. So they just might let me sell something small with peppers.

Maybe this is the start of a new craze. Sausage and cream cheese filled or bacon and chocolate wrapped. Now I'm hungry.
Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote