View Single Post
Old May 12, 2015   #32
RayR
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnkrer View Post
vivaroots dont seem to have PGPR bacteria. What product do you use to provide PGPR bacteria to the roots then?
I use a lot of things to add beneficial microorganisms to my seed starting and transplants. Since I make my own seed starting mixes I incorporate compost and worm castings to the mix which adds a lot of various species of beneficial bacteria. As an insurance policy I have used various inoculants. I've used Mycogrow and Myco Madness in the past. This year I used some Myco Madness I had left over from last season at the seed starting stage. This year at potting up besides the VivaRoots! I used Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice, I got a small free sample bottle from a rep one day at one of the hydroponics stores. Free is good when you can get it. Voodoo Juice is a liquid bacterial inoculant that's popular with the hydroponics crowd.

This year I'll be trying Plant Success Great White as a root dip at transplant.

There is a couple others that were mentioned in the Biological Control for Cucumber Beetles & Bacterial Wilt thread, Roots BioPak and Fox Farms Kangaroots
RayR is offline   Reply With Quote