View Single Post
Old April 27, 2015   #8
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike723 View Post
Tracy, ya know I haven't tried any shoots just yet.. of course my varieties aren't well noted for their flavor.. Which are you growing, edulis?

Salsa and Paul, thank ya! I wanted to be sure the rhizomes didn't wedge between the sections and pop them apart, so I spared no expense lol .. I'll be building another one this year and then I'll finally get around to stain and polyurethane.

Worth, yes I failed to bring up clumping bamboo, while I have some "Blue Fountain" in the backyard, I'm more into the runners for their quick screening ability and decorative culms. I plan on building a nice trellis system in the hoop house once I have enough dried culms put aside.
Some clumping varieties (like Fargesia Scabrida) are beautiful, but the problem is their need for afternoon shade - It's hard to come by in my yard lol.. Not to mention my little beagle that just seems to love chewing on the culms! I could kill him haha
I'm not having any luck with my clumping giant timber bamboo(Bambusaoldhamii)it keeps freezing back.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote