View Single Post
Old March 28, 2015   #14
RayR
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindalana View Post
If you sign up with soil food web, they have some intro courses and if you google compost tea brewing manual it comes as pdf format with plenty of good info. I am fairly sure Dr Elaine Ingham mentions in one of those presentation about trichoderma.
I guess that thing is pretty hungry and after eating bad guys will munch on good microbes with same gusto, so there is potential of introducing trichoderma with damaging results...
thinking it is it glomus that we need most for garden veggies. I follow smiling gardener teaching http://www.smilinggardener.com/sale/...hizae-for-sale
You're right about Dr Elaine Ingham's concerns with adding Trichoderma to compost teas. Trichoderma are known to exist naturally in composts but when adding inoculants with Trichoderma you are adding a whole bunch of spores that when activated are going to be looking for any food sources they can find including mycorrhizal spores. There's really no benefit to adding mycorrhizae to teas and the addition of Trichoderma to teas may likely lead to the mycorrhizae spores being killed off.Trichoderma and mycorrhizal spores are best added directly to the soil/roots where negative interactions are much less likely to occur. I guess that if you want to add inoculants and teas together it's best to add inoculants at the very end just before application to the soil.
RayR is offline   Reply With Quote