View Single Post
Old March 5, 2015   #5
gregory
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsieglaff View Post
Well you're in a bit of a pickle. Advice? If you can move the lights and plants to a room that is very cool like in the 50s, it would greatly slow growth and do no harm to the plants. I've never topped a tomato plant so I can't say one way or another there. While it won't help for 2015 next year start your seeds later--this is a learning experience. No one gets it all right the first time.

Also when you plant them out plant them very deep. Also try googling trench planting method for tomatoes. Good luck!
The director of our botanical gardens has a radio show and he said no later then the 12th day of Christmas I waited another 4 days after that jan 10th. In fact I called in to his show and mentioned how tall they were and he said I was on target.
Like u said its a growing experience. In the directors defense he just stresses the fact we have such a short growing season due to by July the nights are in the 80's and extremely high humidity. I am able to still grow cherrys in July but they taste horrible