View Single Post
Old February 23, 2006   #4
lubadub
Tomatovillian™

I have been using foliar feeding for several years. Initially I spray something high in P. Then after the blossoms open I move on to something high in K and maybe with a bit of calcium as well. Foliar feeding should be done in a manner such that the leaves are dry before nightfall or you may see an increase in disease. Morning works best for me. I would suggest that once a week is adequate. Besides using a water soluble fertilizer once a week I also use a fish/seaweed emulsion once a week. Everything is applied in a dilute form. There are many ways to do this. One company that has organic water soluble fertilizers that you might want to look at as they have a plan for the entire season for tomatoes is Agro-K. They have somehow attached chemical fertilizers to a saccharide molecule and so evidently this is considered to be organic. I am not suggesting that you buy their products but only that you check them out. I can tell you that a lot of pumpkin growers are now using their system and foliar feeding their pumpkin at least 5 days a week. Of course, they are growing for huge and not taste.
Marv
lubadub is offline   Reply With Quote