View Single Post
Old January 25, 2015   #27
bower
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion_power View Post
Don't trust the other descriptions either. Three of them are just long internode determinants.
Thanks for the heads up.. long internodes are not part of the package I'm looking for.

I also had a look at some of the F1 offerings, of which a few are described as 'semi-determinate'. Too bad it isn't easy to find the disease resistance package that would suit us the best.. VFN are not relevant here. Defiant is determinate and LB resistant... Charger has some disease resistance that might be useful. I might grow them at some point to see if they're tasty at all. If not, I'll probably stick to working with determinates that have decent fruit, and ZS or any semi-determinates I can get from the ZS crosses, unless others are found.

I finally have the correct seed for Sophie's Choice, which is one of the really small determinates supposed to be fit to eat - it would be interesting to compare the outcome of crosses between tiny dets X semidet and larger dets X semidet, with a bit of rigorous node counting from the start to get the differences between them straight....

I still haven't found seed of the truly determinate Sasha's Altai btw... last year's was obviously crossed, and I have seed of an 'indeterminate' SA now that came from West Coast Seeds... were your SA plants true determinates?
bower is offline   Reply With Quote