View Single Post
Old January 24, 2015   #4
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Thank you Luigiwu and Worth. Potting Mix it is.

Elongated growth. Is that the same thing as what I've been reading about seedlings being leggy?

I'm adding 5 pics. The first two are with both light fixtures on and no photo editing. They are 4' lights with four florescent 40W tubes/bulbs. The last three pictures are with one of the light fixtures off. I also photo edited out light so the plants could be seen better.

In the 4th picture, the tall plants in the center are Shi-Shi-To peppers. They are about 2.75" tall. I know I need to start thinning each cell and small pot down to one plant each. I planted two seeds in each, and most of them have two seedlings coming up. Should I wait to thin them out until they start producing more leaves - or go ahead and thin them out today?

Worth, the rest of your advice is spot-on with how I plan on caring for these tomatoes and peppers. I've experience plants that I didn't cut the lower branches and that just adds headaches.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HNI_0073.JPG (41.0 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg HNI_0074.JPG (72.3 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg HNI_0075.JPG (41.0 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg HNI_0076.JPG (46.5 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg HNI_0077.JPG (38.4 KB, 98 views)

Last edited by AlittleSalt; January 24, 2015 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Mix, not Soil.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote