View Single Post
Old January 23, 2015   #1
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Default Soil for RePlanting Questions

Over half the tomato and pepper plants I have started in cells and small cups are up with two leaves. Eventually, I want to transplant them into larger Hefty cups, plastic Folgers coffee cans, and in flower pots. (That's what I have)

First question: Do I need to wait until the seedlings have more leaves on them before transplanting into larger containers?

This part is about the soil to use in the larger containers. My idea is not about saving money - even though it would. I was thinking that mixing pro mix with the garden soil they will eventually be growing in - might be advantageous? That would give the plants all of February and most of March time to get used to our garden soil and still get the benefits from the pro mix.

Other question: Do you think the above paragraph is a good idea? If not, feel free to shoot holes in it I want to do whatever is best for our plants.

Oh, I also did plant a few in 18oz. cups as I wrote about in another thread here in the Starting From Seed place/forum/area. I figure that way, I can see any possible differences in planting from seed in different approaches.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote