View Single Post
Old January 8, 2015   #4
FLRedHeart
Tomatovillian™

Sounds iteresting, but since we can't grow tomatoes out each month like you can read books, I would consider it a sales gimmick for T'Villians that have access to some of the finest vendors, trades, and free offerings on the planet. Someone who is not as dedicated might benefit, who is short on time and misplaces their seeds after a month.

I'd call it a gimmick since there are many with similar "subscription" which it what it is. Other claims that claim to give more support with their seeds of the month subscriptions like https://www.growjourney.com/tour/ or this one who understands their marketing well, averagepersongardening.com Seeds of the Month Club (27K likes on Facebbook), etc., but for very talented 'Villians, maybe for everything except tomatoes .

I think the members of TV have no special interest in displacing seeds unless they think it can find a better home, or as noted order from fellow enthusiasts whether individually or part of SSE type places. With all the challenges most face growing, I wouldn't want some generic OPs every month they recommended based on what they had available. It would be like placing an order with Burpee each month based on what crop I wanted when once a year saves on postage and time.

I didn't read the link so there may be a cause that is worth supporting, but that is another thing entirely if it is the case.

Why not recommend to Mischka a variety of the Month category where for a month the thread is going on and everyone can chime in. The most enthused participant could could be a coordinator to poll for the next showcased variety. That might be fun!
FLRedHeart is offline   Reply With Quote