View Single Post
Old November 21, 2014   #11
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

Default Aunt Molly's Tomatoes Grown by Contraband Slaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJustice View Post
This year I was able to visit Native Americans in Long Beach California. I learn so much, with the help of Students of the California State University. I hugged every tree that represented special tribal ground. I pray that all these Native Americans historical sites have future historical markers that tells visitor like me some history displayed to read and understand other than being marked by rocks only. Thank God I found Students to help me.

We have just identified the wild tomatoes growing on our Historical Property called an Aunt Molly Ground Cherry Tomatoes.
I thought it was a weed, so I let it grow in its own areas for the last 18 years until we could identify it. Looking for these historical wild tomatoes has been an adventure which caused our heirloom tomatoes inventory supplies to increase before our other Heirlooms Vegetable Seed Varieties. Native American taught the American Slaves how to plant wild foods that grew back each year in wooded and open plains area’s for a survival food supply. We are very thankful To God that we have identified the last Historical Plant growing on this historical property.

I have not been abe to find 1879 history on the "Aunt Molly's Tomatoes.

Can someone let me more about this Variety of Tomatoes befroe 1879? They are very tiny and very sweet.

Last edited by MrsJustice; November 21, 2014 at 02:27 PM.
MrsJustice is offline   Reply With Quote