View Single Post
Old October 14, 2014   #147
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Default 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfollett View Post
I did nothing with micro-tomatoes. I crossed some last winter and grew out F1s this summer:

Pink Berkeley Tye-Dye X Black Early - grew out F1s this summer and have lots of F2 seed (large purple ribbed beefsteak - Excellent flavor)
Black early X Pink Berkeley Tye-Dye - grew out F1s this summer and have lots of F2 seed (large purple ribbed beefsteak - Excellent flavor)
Hugh's Black X Azoychka - grew out F1s this summer and have lots of F2 seed (medium, round red with exceptional flavor)

I crossed these this summer (I used PL as the female with RL pollen donor so I would know at the seedling stage if the cross took - These all did):

Brandywine Cowlick's X Margaret Curtain - Growing F1s out now
BKX X Margaret Curtain - Growing F1s out now
Pink Pioneer X Margaret Curtain - Growing F1s out now
BKX X Seek No Further Love Apple - Growing F1s out now
Black Sea Man X SNFLA - Growing F1s out now
Pink Pioneer X SNFLA - Growing F1s out now

I don't have near enough room to do all of those crosses justice if there is any potential in any of them. I'd be more than happy to share seed if anyone had interest and would be willing to send back seed of anything that looked promising or interesting.

I've enjoyed what little I've done and learned working with these and reading. I am very intrigued by the micros and would love to help with the grow-outs if you could use some help.
I will also make room for your crosses and would be more than happy to report back and send back promising seed. I will send pm with my address.
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote