View Single Post
Old August 26, 2014   #5
Tracydr
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakelady View Post
okay this year I am definately in. Last year was too crazy for me and I couldn't get a grip on life lol....as long as I take my meds I don't hear the "voices" in my head anymore (just kidding).

I didn't grow anything terribly interesting though. Except my white tomato that we believe is a mutation (3rd year and it still produces white ruffled beefsteaks so it's not a cross). Next year I will grow less (maybe a dozen plants) but want more pastes. or anything unusual.

Tracy, maybe you have 2 year old seed? I know tomato seeds are good for a very long time. Up to the host though.
Last year I was on crutches or a wheelchair so didn't save any seeds because I simply couldn't get to the garden when tomatoes were producing. This year I had lots of volunteers from last year but they died when we went on a house hunting trip due to very high temperatures and an irrigation cycle that was missed. I had a few Carbon Copies but they looked so over cooked from being in that heat that I decided not to save them.
However, I have a whole bunch of seeds from places like Geckler's. Some are from 2012 but I would assume they should just be fine? They sent such huge amounts of seeds that I'm more than happy to share.
Or, is there somebody who could sponsor me? I should have plenty of seeds next year since I seem to live in a much better climate for gardening now.
Tracydr is offline   Reply With Quote