View Single Post
Old August 26, 2014   #9
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
I wish I could join in on the fun, but all I would have to offer are seeds from my Porter tomatoes. Porter is probably boring to most people. It was bred back in the 1920s, is around the size of a golf ball, and it isn't sweet. It was developed to grow in high heat (Humid or Dry).

My fall tomatoes are Roma, Rutgers, Large Red Cherry, Jelly Bean, Old German, Green Zebra, and Homestead. Most of those varieties are ancient zzz (Except for Tom's Green Zebra of course.)
ALittleSalt,

Since you're new here, you do not yet realize that many of us are located somewhere between Waco and Wacko when it comes to tomatoes. Last years swap was 10,000+ packs of seeds distributed among 100+ people, with not only a few left over (seeds, not people), but I never opened one "ten pack" of Cherokee Purple (seeds not people, again). There likely will be plenty of sponsors to help you out. The hardest part is usually deciding one's 15 variety wish list. Everything else, well that might be a mystery. There is a Hot Weather category in the swap. Homestead would be welcome, there. I think Porter was requested last year or the year before, but no one sent any in.

Gary
Tormato is offline   Reply With Quote