View Single Post
Old July 30, 2014   #3
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbee View Post
I have good luck with Daconil because I spray multiple things at once and copper is not compatible with some other things I use. I like to spray pesticide, fungicide, and ferts all in one swoop.
A twofer.

Bill, Daconil by a mile.

Barbee, quite a few years ago I wanted to spray both Daconil and a liquid fertilizer at the same time, hesitated and called I think Ortho's Daconil number, it could have been Bonide as well, and I was told never to spray anything else with Daconil at the same time>

The reason being that the dilution from the concentrate was such that there were sufficient molecules to cover the specific attachment sites of Early Blight and Septoria Leaf Spot on the upper leaf surface, but if the Daconil was diluted by adding something else, to which the chlorothalinol could attach to, or diluted so that there weren't enough molecules to block those attachment sites, it wouldn't be as effective as it should be.

Long sentence there, so I hope you followed me.

I was advised to spray for my low NPK fertilizer either three days before or three days after Daconil was to be applied, and did so and still have Freda who cares for the few plants I have here at home does so.

Just passing this along to others who may mix other stuff with the Daconil.

Carolyn