Thread: Rock Dust?
View Single Post
Old July 4, 2014   #28
pdxwindjammer
Tomatovillian™

This is an update to my post last year. I used my Gaia Green glacial rock dust on 1 community garden plot. The other one I didn't. Other than that, the dust was the only variable. I spread manure over both of my plots, sprinkled with glacial rock dust and then heavily mulched it with chopped up leaves to prevent week growth.

I planted both plots and there is a obvious difference in the veggies I planted in the plot with Gaia Green. My tomato plants are bigger and more lush, my beets are out of this world gorgeous with big leaves that have absolutely NO sign of any bugs munching on them compared to the other plot, my Swiss chard and Cabbage are also more healthy looking and I haven't had any gray aphids on my cabbage in that plot, which I do in the other one.

I am really blown away by what a difference it made and I am now a believer in the glacial rock dust!! I only used about 2 lbs of my glacial rock dust. It is a very fine powder, like talcum powder. This bag should last me for many years!

I will report back once I have ripe tomatoes and get a taste of the ones grown with glacial rock dust.
pdxwindjammer is offline   Reply With Quote