View Single Post
Old July 3, 2014   #7
JamesL
Tomatovillian™

Greentiger and Ray R, I seem to recall talking about Oxidate and h2o2 with both of you a few years back. I can't find the thread reference though.

Dewayne,
I have experimented with h2o2 quite extensively the last few years. It is effective for fungal diseases. It is not the end all, be all, obviously or everyone would use it. it does have a place in the arsenal though.

Partial to the food grade( FG) version - 35%

Do NOT get it on you! And it is flammable…..

In comparing it to the store bought 3% version (after dilution) the FG version was the winner.

h2o2 starts to oxidate easily with exposure to heat, light, air, etc. so I was making the assumption that my bottles of store bought 3% were already somewhat degraded.
The problem of course is that you cannot assume that will always be the case so when you dilute it for use it could be weaker than anticipated.

Seed starting - I did not find it to be effective. In fact I had poorer germination no matter what percentage I used.
This paper isn't on point but it makes the same comment about h2o2 and germination.
http://ijappjournal.com/wp-content/u...00-704.doc.pdf

Works very well for damping off though.(depending on where you live)

My best garden use – A spot spray at 1% mix. I have used as high as 3% as a spot spray and I have tested it as high as 6%. I have seen it leave white spots on healthy leaves, depending on the plant, and on tomatoes at mixes higher than 1%. 1% is effective though, so I generally keep to that percentage.

Greentiger,
How much h202 are you mixing with the vinegar per gallon?

Eric,
I don’t think we ever got an actual report back from anyone using the Oxidate product, so would love to hear how it goes for you.

Howard Garrett – just took a spin through his website. I think I will take Greentiger’s lead and hold my tongue as well…..

Last edited by JamesL; July 3, 2014 at 07:02 PM.
JamesL is offline   Reply With Quote