View Single Post
Old June 26, 2014   #8
bower
Tomatovillian™

rjs55555,

I grew one called "Red Dwarf" on my windowsill for the late winter, what a beautiful little plant. It produces a red cherry tomato, quite nice, sweet when ripe which is pretty amazing on a window here with little sunshine and no supplementary light - granted, it was lengthening days already when I potted up. The fruit quality was really to my liking compared to many of the 'early reds' I grew in the greenhouse last year. I was also really impressed with a tomato growth habit so well suited to indoors, I suddenly understand the interest in microdwarves and the real prospect of some great windowsill tomatoes. Dwarf foliage is beautiful, and they don't flop against the window like regular tomatoes - the source of much indoor disease is this contact with the window and condensation there on a cold day or night... rugose leaves stay clean.

On a personal quest myself for tomatoes that produce barrels of great fruit in the cold and dark of summer... Best of luck with your project, keep us posted.
bower is offline   Reply With Quote