View Single Post
Old June 11, 2014   #32
aletheia

Thanks for your reply. I will post pictures as soon as I find time for upload.

Yes the spring started very early here, so I am a little bit earlier than usual. But now plants suffer because of too hot temperatures. Last days we had up to 36°C and the phurejas struggling under this conditions. One week ago we had just 6°C in the morning hours. The plants don't like this "up and down", warm and cold.
One of my phurejas already set berries. The other ones produce a lot of flowers and produces good pollen but are not setting berries. Doesn't matter if I do selfpollination or take foreign pollen from other phureja. Maybe it is female sterile. This is very sad because it is a dark purple fingerling phureja with a huge yield. Some other phureja varities and the verrucosum struggling with the weather conditions. One variety started dying back when weather turned hot, the verrucosum has a growing depression and is very smal. The tuberosums have no problems with the weather conditions. they growing quite well and setting huge amounts of tubers. Now it start getting too dry. Yesterday I turned on artificial watering.

My TPS lines reached 25cm now. Snails are gone and they started growing very fast now. I can't wait on the first results from the phureja hybrids I produced last year.

I hope the weather will be good. I really need rain because it is much too dry for this time here but not so far away a huge thunderstorm destroyed trees and gardens.

I hope I find time for your pictures