Thread: SSE and Amazon
View Single Post
Old April 25, 2014   #13
Doug9345
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrobbins View Post
Overcharging for shipping is one of my pet peeves.
I figure if someone is trying to mess with me even before they get my money the situation is going to be worse after they get their hands on my money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
. . .I'd buy most of my tomato seeds from Sandhill Preservation where seed costs are very low, the amount of seeds sent are way over the amt specified, no tomato seeds are older than two years old, over 400 varieties listed and shipping costs are more than reasonable.

Just my own opinion and I'm sure there afre other sites with reasonable prices, but I've known Glenn and Linda Drowns for about 25 years now, and trust what they do. No place selling OP varieties is perfect, but when I used to do wrong Variety threads at GW years ago, they came out on top and from feedback I think that would still be true now

If to a US address no charge at all if the order is over $20 and if less than $20 just $2 for shipping and handling for US folks.

Carolyn
I agree with everything you say about Sandhill seeds. My biggest frustration with them is that they update their catalog so late and add to that you have to mail your order in with no assurance that stuff is in stock, that you almost have to order this year for next. They STILL haven't updated their squash page for 2014 which means that for TWO consecutive year they have missed an order from me.

Last edited by Doug9345; April 25, 2014 at 09:46 PM.
Doug9345 is offline   Reply With Quote