View Single Post
Old April 13, 2014   #12
epsilon
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi-sunflower View Post
I just hope none of you have any Thyroid issues and or hormone issues. ANY soy is a goitrogen (thyroid disruptor) and is an Estrogen source that can cause early puberty in children.

Personally I believe Soy totally messed up me during perimenopause and I'm still feelinwe cang the after-affects more than 15 years later. I won't knowingly eat soy at all any more. Yes there is a great controversy about this and you may find more pro soy than anti. I only know my own experience was very bad.

Here is a link for you to make your own decision. More links on that page.

http://thyroid.about.com/cs/soyinfo/a/soy.htm

Carol
I've heard a lot of people have had issues with soy, supposedly the phytoestrogen causes lot's of people to have all kinds of problems. Like men getting moobies and premature puberty.

I'm starting to wonder if the soybean source had anything to do with these issues. Or maybe it had something to do with the very fact that Asians have been eating soy for the last few millennia. Personally I easy it with no discernable consequence. Same with my Japanese family.

I wonder if it has something to do with most American varieties being gmo'd for pest and pesticide resistance?

Since the studies that show these issues have only been around for already ten to fifteen years tops.

Also I kinda wonder if gly phosphate can be really manufactured from soybeans.
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote