View Single Post
Old April 8, 2014   #48
aclum
Tomatovillian™

Hi Delerium,

Thanks so much for your kind offer of plants!! Actually, I have been thinking about how I could maybe send you some root riot cubes with some appropriate packaging and return postage to get some cuttings from you. We live so close to each other that things would probably arrive overnight even with just first class mail. Although larger plants would be better. Give me another week or so to see where I stand. Of course I'd reimburse you for any costs.

Tracy,

Thanks for the input on the virus. Unfortunately, I'm thinking I might have a bunch of different things going on at the same time. A virus seems to be the most difficult problem to deal with.

Steve (and everyone),

I called the lawn service to see if the lawn guys had sprayed anything and apparently they had, but not roundup. Didn't catch what it was, though. The owner is coming over on Thursday to assess the situation and, if he thinks it could be herbicide damage, he'll reimburse me somehow. (Although I wouldn't want him to take money out of the gardeners' salaries as I'm sure they don't make much as it is).

I sprayed the plants with sulfur for russet mites on Sunday. It might have been a bit too warm or I might have sprayed too much or not had some of the plants shaded enough, but a few of them developed quite distinct browning along the bottom edge of the lower leaves. The rest of the plant looks fine. I took at photo, but unfortunately, I seem to be unable to post photos at the moment.

I examined the plants with a 20x loupe and didn't see any insects, BUT I did see an apparent red spider mite scurry across the outside of one of the cups! Only saw the one.

Will keep you all posted on things....

Anne
aclum is offline   Reply With Quote