View Single Post
Old March 29, 2014   #30
svalli
Tomatovillian™

I am now starting my fourth season with the 10x12 greenhouse and I just love it. Construction was not so bad, since I printed pages of Mudhouse's blog to aid the construction.

I did many reinforcements and only storm damage so far has been a blown off roof panel in a December storm last year.

Luckily it was repairable. The panel has now a crack in the middle where the screw is and it seems that the self adhesive film I used to repair it is starting to peel off, so I may have to find something else to patch it with.

The spring is early here this year, so soon I will build my small plastic greenhouse inside the 10x12 and will start to harden off my plants. Growing my own transplants here without a greenhouse would be difficult, so I am grateful that we took the greenhouse kit with us. It may not be the most stylish greenhouse, but it has plenty of room and is practical.

Maybe someday I'll get one of these, but then I have to start crafting roses in there wearing Laura Ashley gardening apparel in floral prints . My DIY style fits better in the HFGH.