View Single Post
Old March 24, 2014   #81
bower
Tomatovillian™

Another major snowstorm is just beginning here this morning, and looks like it will carry on with flurries and blowing snow tomorrow. There's rain and more seasonal temperatures forecast for the weekend, but will that be the end? I doubt it.

Just potted up the tomatoes to cell pack last night... Just about 144 counting the stragglers. Another 25 for the farm and 40 peppers for them still at the cell stage, and just about a full 1020 of their onions and leeks mass planted and almost 3" tall. Little ones get the lights, no problem.. the real trouble will come when they need bigger quarters in a couple of weeks. The windowledges are already festooned with 62 peppers in 9 oz cups, many of which are ready for larger pots, 16 peppers in beer cups which are bigger still, about 20 9 oz cup basil, chinese celery and parsley ready to pot up, oh did I forget two 1020 trays of celery, one in cells and one in 9 oz cups, which are in a basement window that gets no light if the greenhouse is snow covered... drat. Luckily I have bok choy starting to bolt in another window, I can eat that and shuffle the celery. White Lisbons are big enough to go join the leeks in the cold dark greenhouse...turnips need to go out too... couple more windows need a shelf installed... well, I guess my day's work is cut out for me.
bower is offline   Reply With Quote