View Single Post
Old February 20, 2014   #12
Got Worms?
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsack View Post
I have used Perma-nest trays for many years, my older trays were much thicker and lasted forever if I did not abuse them by leaving them out in the sun during the summer. The quality is not what it used to be, the last batch of Perma-nest trays I bought are much thinner and more brittle, and I have already cracked a few edges. I don't plan to buy anymore at their present quality and will just double up on the black plastic kind where I combine a mesh tray with a solid one, or use a broken tray inside a new one.
Perma-nest is sold by various garden catalogs, including Park Seeds. This place sells in multiples of six. http://growerssolution.com/PROD/perma-nest-plant-trays/PermaNest
I've had these same trays for about 25 years. Back then, they were expensive at $6 each set (they came with the dome) and I bought 6 sets. Well, this year I had one tray leak after all these years, but...I fixed it with the hot glue gun. I swear by, not at, these trays! Even if they are half the quality they used to be, I will still by them if I ever need to.

Charlie

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Peppers and eggplants.JPG (203.6 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg P and E.JPG (240.2 KB, 144 views)

Last edited by Got Worms?; February 20, 2014 at 06:31 PM.
Got Worms? is offline   Reply With Quote