View Single Post
Old January 16, 2014   #22
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by uno View Post
Thanks Carolyn, Ami, ExpendableZero, AkMark, Filmnet, and B54Red.

Carolyn

Any tomato about the same size and red or pink would be good.

Ami

I was thinking of trying the PL version also. Most people seem to like the RL better but other PL tomatoes like Brandywine Sudduth do well for me here. And TGS I have ordered from many times in the past and they always sent me good seeds. I would definitely buy from them again.

Jim
At TGS where you see Red Brandywine and under it there is a choice of RL or PL, neither of those are Red Brandywine.

They were received by Linda, who owns TGS, many years ago I think from Seeds by Design in CA.

Other places got those wrong RB's as well, one was Mike at Victory Seed and another was at Tomatofest when they were offered on sale one time. Both places pulled them ASAP.

I've asked Linda many times to delete those two b'c of the confusion it causes, but she says that many people like what they are, and it isn't known what they are except they aren't Red Brandywine, with which she agrees, last I knew,so she continues to list them.

She did go to the Landis Museum in PA to get a real Red Brandywine and that one was listed as Landis strain, although there are no strains of RB, it's just the place she bought it, as I think I mentioned above.

Carolyn